Thursday, December 30, 2010

Needlepoint Ornaments

One of my hobbies is stitching needlepoint Christmas ornaments.  Over this last year I finished several ornaments that have been "years" in the making.  Actually Alan gave me a needlepoint light + magnifier last Christmas and I've been stitching ever since.  There is some discussion that I now have enough needlepoint ornaments but I say NO WAY!

Any way, here are a few of my favorites from this year:

This was a gift to David and Monica to celebrate their residency in Washington state--the state tree, bird, flower, and namesake.



And here are 3 other 2010 favorites:  the cow, the serendipity snow man, and the salty sea captain.

The cow was stitched  for Bryan to honor his affiliation at UC Davis and living across the street from the cow barns.  The salty sea captain is for dear Captain Woolly -- finally at the helm of a real sail boat.  The flags say HO HO.  And for me -- the 2010 serendipity bear.  There were so many milestones and blessings throughout 2010, that I wanted to remember this time as the years fly by.  Thanks to all who have shared this year with us...it wouldn't be the same with out you.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment