Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Si Habla.....LaPaz

Escribo mi blog en Espanol.   Ha Ha.

Yup, I started Spanish lessons at a school close to the marina called Si Habla....LaPaz.  I opted to start with a beginner class for 1 week with 3 other students.  We attend class for 4 hours a day with a 30 minute break.  With a bit of homework:  puff the days are flying by!  The emphasis of the class is on grammar:  get those verbos conjugated and use them in silly, practical sentences.  So I can now correctly say that I stepped on a mouse.  Watch out for me!

Alan is working his way through a boat list, after all there is always a list!  He scrubbed the boat yesterday and WOW! what a difference that made.

Our rig work begins next week...I am eager to see how a crane is going to haul the mast up & out for the work to begin!  We will take the boat down to the yard and return the same day (without the mast).  Then when the work is done...back down to have the mast restepped.  I am planning only to take pictures--not managing any lines, etc.  

This weekend the Baja 1000 Race finishes in LaPaz.  This off road/dirt race occurs every 2 years when all types of amazing trucks, buggies, motorcycles, and you name its barrel at high speed non-stop from Ensenada to LaPaz....all off road!  Once here, I gather the vehicles and crews parade along the malecon, rev their engines, swill the booze, and generally take over the town.  We plan to attend the awards ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment