Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Wildflowers in the Tetons

I just can't stop taking these pictures.  I don't know too many names...but I figure when I'm back on the boat I will have all the time in the world to figure out what the heck they are!

Believe me--I have more flower pictures than view shots!!

A lovely butterfly & flower at Avalanche Divide.  Rocky ground.

Flower...

Indian Paintbrush..the state flower of Wyoming comes in so many colors!

Fun shape

Pink dabs in a green meadow

columbine

Columbine

A busy bumble bee

Tiny blossom

Flowery bottle scrubber...

1 comment:

  1. Great looking exotic flowers. Who knew that they could happen in a short time of the year? I know you take lots of photos - if you are going to identify them 6 or 9 months from now be sure to take photos of the area, leaves, etc. It is always interesting to me when Terri goes to identify flowers how many look so similar. Yet when you are standing in front of it it seems simple and unique.

    ReplyDelete