Monday, July 28, 2014

Oh, Auntie EM, There Is No Place Like .....

Grand Rapids!   Yes, birth place of Judy Garland and home to all things the Wizard of Oz.  No sign of Paul Bunyan and that Blue Ox in this town!


There is NO place like home -- so bring on those red ruby slippers!  Oh, Toto too!

There are several criteria for determining if one is a die hard fisherman, especially from Minnesota.  And after I inspected the trailer below I realized I had found yet another hobby/interest/toy that I could totally never be interested in.   You have heard of ICE FISHING???  Well, wonder no more.  I suppose it beats swatting at flies & mosquitos on the lake.

Tow this castle out on a frozen lake; lower the wheels; fire up the heater inside.
Now -- cut 4-5 holes in the ice from the cozy comfort of your trailer.  And go fishing!!

UM.....really?

View from our campsite of the Mississippi River -- now looking like a real river.

No comments:

Post a Comment