Friday, September 17, 2010

Summer 2010 -- Magic EVERY Day! JUNE

The summer of 2010 has been a wonderful time of transition for me & all the Wulzens.  Indeed we found Magic everyday!  Even when we weren't looking.

In early June I retired from Health Net and gave up a demanding -- but satisfying -- job supporting our military families through the Military and Family Life Consultant program.  I was grateful to the team who worked alongside me at Health Net -- I know they share my commitment to our military families and I don't worry one bit about how things are without me.  Or as my dad would ask:  "How is it not being important anymore?"   GREAT!

Alan also retired as Handyman Al.  Bryan graduated from Tamiscal High School.

We were treated to a fabulous retirement/graduation party in our backyard.  The garden looked especially lovely for early June.  David and Monica came in from Seattle; my parents from Maryland; Warren and Diane from Sacramento; and Alisa, Joe, and Tom from Colorado.

A whole schedule of activities kept everyone busy.  We visited Muir Woods, the Asian Art Museum, and sampled all the dim sum at Yank Sing restaurant.  Everyone had a daily "medicine" ration in the afternoon and that helped keep the spirits light.

After graduation we took a road trip:  off to Davis so Bryan could give a campus tour and then on to Yosemite National Park.  After a snowy winter and late, cool spring the waterfalls were roaring!  We scored a cloudless, sunny day and saw all the sites.  We watched the climbers inch up El Capitan and marveled at the tenacity of measuring your progress in inches.

June Magic -- family and friends to share our milestones and encourage our dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment