Monday, June 27, 2011

Meet Silky -- my new Bike

I have been riding an old, clunker mountain bike this summer.  Actually it was a wedding present about 20 years ago, so one can imagine what a relic it is.  Every day we would scan CraigsList hoping for the right bike:  size, age, components, location, condition.  Nothing.  I missed out on one solid potential, and that was disappointing after several weeks.

Finally we opted for REI.  Walked in the store and rode out on Silky!  It's a Cannondale road bike so the ride is different but most notable to me is the decrease in my rolling resistance & how quiet the bike rides.  We've been out to Pt Reyes already and Bryan joined us to go around Tiburon yesterday.  (He just passed 3,000 miles on his odometer and it works only "intermittently").

Silky on the road in West Marin

Silky with Shadow (Al's bike)


No comments:

Post a Comment