Thursday, September 15, 2011

Tooth #32

So what was that mild achy jaw about?  For a week or two, every now and then a dull ache; a short twinge.  No problems with heat; cold; chewing -- so it couldn't be a tooth.  What was it?

Then I sucked down a nice cold diet Pepsi in Davis while we were moving Bryan.  And 10 minutes later my jaw exploded in pain.  I want to rip that mandible off my face or else saw the top of my skull open to get rid of the pressure.  But, I settled for a trip to the dentist on Monday.  Dr C found the fractured wisdom tooth; and from there sent me on to an oral surgeon.  Tooth #32 was gone by noon on Tuesday.  What a blessed thing anesthesia can be!!

I was pretty much out of it Tuesday.   Wednesday I was content to move slowly.  Today we will ride to Sausolito.  Still leaving on Saturday for the coast ride to Morro Bay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment