Saturday, March 14, 2015

Laos

Laos -- the difference is evident as you cross the Mekong River from Thailand.  The officials are solemn, withdrawn, and not into tourists.  It is dirty/dusty and everything seems on the verge of falling apart.

I arrived at the homestay/volunteer location and was deeply disappointed.  Good blog story and nice emails but a bit misleading and certainly not what I was hoping for.  So I will move on tomorrow:  yippee a 17 hour night bus ride.

I am staying here as a volunteer.....and um, it is not the finest decision I ever made.
So I will leave early...I was not planning on washing dishes and making earrings for the local folks to sell!!!

The restaurant cook as she makes coconut cookies --  the hygiene of the place, well, there is bottled water!


No comments:

Post a Comment