Saturday, April 4, 2015

Kuala Lumpur

Travel days are often a challenge:  pack up and make all the connections to arrive in a new place.  Get settled and enjoy a new spot.

Today I took the train from Butterworth to Kuala Lumpur; I had enjoyed the Thai train -- so let's give Malaysia's a try.

It was an early morning departure from the hostel:  out the door before 6am to walk to the ferry terminal.  Take the 6:30 ferry that left 5 minutes early (!).  Then slog up and down a couple of multilevel staircases (that is the un-fun part).  And about 30 minutes later -- off we go.

I had the train car almost to myself; lovely to relax and read and write and look out the window at the country side.  The restaurant car was actually 2 young men with a push cart but coffee was welcome.

Into KL and then the fun -- the train station is in the same complex as all the transportation services for the city.  Imagine.  To get to the monorail -- well, walk through this mall and then up and down a few flights of stairs and then good luck.  Information gave me a map and then I stood in line to get a ticket.  The young couple behind in line offered to help; but, as I neared the ticket machine there appeared a friendly employee who showed me how to work the system and buy a ticket.

Yeah...I was on the radar though I didn't know it!

And crowded -- yikes -- people jammers to get everyone in the train.

But here I am ready for the big and busy city!

No comments:

Post a Comment