Friday, April 10, 2015

Wander and Wander

On one street in Melaka, nicknamed Harmony Street, is the oldest mosque, oldest Chinese temple, and oldest Hindu temple in Malaysia.    So I walked Harmony Street and several other back alleys.  I am hoping the rainy afternoon will clear so I might enjoy an Indian dinner followed by the Jonker Night Market.

A few snapshots of street scenes.



As I am a Horse -- I love the energy and passion these animals are showing.

A thousand candy treats from coconut and palm sugar.
I buy the small bag of 3 coconut rounds -- for about 30 cents.









I was walking towards a temple with incredible drumming sounds.  I stood outside awhile.
An old man sitting there said:  go inside, have a look, take a picture.
I have no idea what was happening, but this was clearly a big day for this man!

No comments:

Post a Comment