Thursday, January 8, 2015

Blessed on Day 1

Singapore....finally.  I had a long, unexpected delay in HongKong but that just resulted in a shorter wait in Singapore for the sun to come up.  I had opted NOT to get a hotel room for last night in a gamble that I might be delayed.  And so it was.

BUT...then here I am.   Thrilled to be wandering the streets.  I have a hostel in the Indian neighborhood of Singapore.  So my first adventure was along the streets and into a Temple & I was blessed by the "priest".  A wonderful omen for my trip!!

Then I found a great lunch spot in the Indian Food Court -- and had a murtabak (very thin pancake stuffed with fish, onions, and seasonings) and chai iced tea.

But I had a brutal reminder to watch my step -- I took a tumble while I was looking at the street life.  I'm ok and even more importantly, the camera seems to be ok.  That would have been a major "revolting development."

Next up:  a shower, a sleep, and a huge mango for dinner.  Oh yes.

Women leaving the Temple

Some sort of "ritual" appeared to be happening.
I got in line for a blessing (mark on forehead).
Can't hurt!!

Strands of flowers are taken into the Temple


Self Portrait

Lunch!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I will love every food picture you publish (the fat-girl inside my head speaks).

    ReplyDelete