Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Uncle Ho

If Vietnam bestowed sainthood -- it would be on Uncle Ho.  So today I went to visit Uncle Ho.  I am sure this dedicated patriot who lived a simple life would be shocked at the Mausoleum (he wanted to be cremated),  Museum, and Stilt House that form one of Vietnam's most visited "relic sights."

The mood was somber; the process to Ho looked awful; and the entire event was orchestrated.  I was grateful the line was short today--at times I understand the queue seems endless.


He Looks Pretty Good Here!

The Stilt House 

A couple of his cars.

Then on to the Fine Arts Museum.  It had some interesting items from the early Champa era and the 1000 eyed, thousand-armed effigy of Quan Am (The Goddess of Compassion).  But it was amazing thick in the theme of patriotism, happy poverty, and Uncle Ho.

Everyone Needs Quan An in their Life
I also just wandered the streets and snapped away.  What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment