Thursday, January 29, 2015

The Home stay

I decided to do a home stay.  It is easy to find them; I picked based on both Lonely Planet and Trip Advisor.  I wanted the reports to describe quiet and peaceful surroundings and great food.  I have not been disappointed.

I think I am getting a very special "foodie" home stay as the only other guests (I booked for 2 nights) are regulars here.  She is Vietnamese/French and he is French.  She grew up in this area and left in 1970.  And SHE is doing all the food ordering and asking for favorites and learning all the tricks.  They stay here for a month at a time!

This was breakfast.  Rice noodle shrimp with coffee and fruit.  

My home stay road.  Area is all fruit orchards and vegetable plots

Don't you love the decoration?  those are spring rolls with lacy racy paper and taro
And rice...can't even think of a meal with out rice

For me--as I am the only vegetarian.  You grill the whole fish.  then you make spring/lettuce rolls.
Rice paper, lettuce, mints and basil, then fish.  Wrap up with chop sticks and serve with many sauces.  YUM

I also was served several other courses (grilled shrimp and tofu/cheese something) but no pictures.


Fruit plate with Lotus Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment